Veneers in Lewis Center are a very popular type of cosmetic dentistry procedure that can offer patients a picture-perfect smile.
Through veneers, you can fix:
- Severe tooth staining and discoloration
- Misshapen teeth
- Irregular-sized or uneven teeth
- Minor chipped or cracked teeth
- Small alignment issues
The number one question people have about veneers is how long their results will last.
The answer can depend on a few different factors. Check out this article to learn more:
How Do Veneers Work?
Veneers are like new "faces" for your teeth. They are shells, usually made from porcelain, that get attached to the front surface of your tooth and immediately cover up any imperfection.
The veneer placement process can depend on the type of veneer you choose.
- Porcelain veneers: They require shaving the enamel to account for the thickness of the veneers. Because of this preparation stage, getting porcelain veneers is irreversible.
- Composite veneers: Made from a composite bonding material, they can be sculpted and shaped to achieve the desired look. Composite veneers are a more affordable alternative, but they are known to stain.
- Lumineers: They are a thinner type of veneer that requires little or no enamel shaving. Patients who opt for Lumineers can have them safely removed them later on.
Veneers' Average Lifespan
Porcelain veneers are, by far, the most durable option. With the right care, they can last 10–15 years, sometimes even longer for certain patients. Composite veneers usually only last between 5-7 years or so because of the materials used.
Lumineers, or thinner versions of veneers, are also less durable, but can last up to 10 years.
How to Maintain Your Veneers
Porcelain veneers are the best option to effectively improve your smile’s appearance and get long-term results, but even they require good oral hygiene habits and certain considerations to maximize their longevity.
You can protect your newly improved smile with minimal maintenance, including the following:
- Daily brushing and flossing
- Wearing a mouthguard if you grind your teeth
- Not chewing on hard objects like pen caps
- Not smoking or using tobacco products
- Eating more teeth-friendly foods like fresh fruits and vegetables
- Reducing snacking, especially sugary treats
- Seeing the dentist every 6 months for routine check-ups and professional dental cleanings
Veneers in Lewis Center
Are you in the Lewis Center area and want to know if you’re a good candidate for veneers? You can find out for yourself after a short consultation with Dr. Bhullar!
Start your journey toward a perfect smile by requesting an appointment at Refine Dental Studio online.
Have more questions about veneers or our other cosmetic dental services? Then feel free to call us at (740) 201-1330 for a chat.